Well the pancake breakfast was somewhat interesting. Senior citizens trying to not get run over by the Memorial Day yard sale traffic that we have here on the peninsula. Lot's of senior volunteers serving up breakfast. One lady came to talk to me and bent over my plate. First one hair, then another....oh my gosh 3 hairs sitting in my pancakes. I couldn't eat. It's one thing I can get really weird about. However when a 93 year old women comes up and wants to talk, you don't react to her hair falling in your food.
I expected to busy at the Ocean Park Area Chamber of Commerce office this weekend. There are hordes of cars racing up and down the streets trying to get the bargain at the yard sales, but not stopping by the office. You have to keep in mind that this little spit of land is about 28 miles long. The yard sales stretch from one end to the other. I thought maybe with the gas prices being so high that it would keep down the Memorial Day weekend traffic. I guess folks adjust in order to do things. Hope you weekend was/is safe and sane.
Photo credit: by laruth
No comments:
Post a Comment