Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day memories


Well it's been a busy weekend. The World's Longest Garage Sale is over. There was lots of traffic and lots of folks. Yesterday was a field trip to Loomis Lake. You drvie about a 1/4 mile down a sandy dirt road, but it's really nice. Might have to add a picture. LOL. It's only about one and a half miles from the house. Over the years I haven't been there much, but I really am starting to like the place. It's small, but quiet and peaceful. There was one kayak out on the lake and a guy had a little boat with a sail and a motor on it. Made me want a boat. I don't care if it's a canoe, kayak, or little motor boat. Bad habit I have of Jonesing for things I see.
I was thinking about my dad yesterday. Our little mother used to go on Memorial Day and put flowers on his grave, but now that she has passed away I'm pretty sure it didn't get done this year. They had been divorced for years, but my mom was pretty patriotic and thought she should put something on his grave. They met right after he came back from WWII. Hope everyone had a safe and happy weekend.

No comments: