
Okay a boot in the sand. Not really that interesting. But many of you know that I live at the beach. So I just had to get a photo of me walking in to the 64th annual NWPRA. Yes the Northwest Pro Rodeo Association has been doing this thing here at the peninsula for 64 years. I went by myself. When I go to little events around here I usually run in to at least one or two folks I know. Not so for this one. I didn't see anyone I knew. But that was okay. I just went ahead and sat me and my boots down and enjoyed a little small rodeo. Fun, fun, fun.

I know. Another boot photo. But hey it turned out so well I just had to post it. LOL

I wasn't sure if I could get any action shots, but imagine my surprise when I got home and edited my photos. I actually achieved some great action shots. I'm usually to late on the button to get anything that is worth much. I have to say I like the action shots I tried to get. Pretty cool if I do say so myself.

It was a miss, but I still like the activity of it. The cowboys and cowgirls come from all over the Pacific Northwest. Oregon, Washington, Idaho. Long way to come, but these points earned here go towards earning big money at places like Pendleton, OR. They have a huge rodeo there or so I hear. Never been to that one.

This was a good saddle bronc ride. I think this guy was a winner. I loved catching this photo at just the right moment.

It was hard to get shots of the bull riders. Folks just go wild for bull riders. My dad did a little bull riding in his younger years. I always like hearing the one where he entered a bull riding contest and he got on the bull, hat in place, a cigar sticking out of his mouth and when he landed after the 8 second ride the hat had come off, the eyeglasses came off, but he still had that danged cigar hanging out of his mouth. Amazing. I actually had a good time even though I was by myself. I couldn't get good shots of the barrel racers or the entry pagentry.
4 comments:
Oh! Mary the shots were beautiful, I love the boot in the sand one and the action ones are just Top Notch! like postcard shots actually. Love Goody
Glad you liked them. It really is hard to get things in action.
you ought to see if you can email these pics to the people in charge~I bet the cowboys would love them!
I would have gone to that rodeo with you if I had been there. Haven't read many blogs lately...Goody told me to check it out. Take Care,
fc
Post a Comment