
I had such a good morning. One, I didn't have to work today. So the sun is shining, the day looks great for around here. So what to do?????? Well a drive to explore sounded great. So off I headed in search of fresh cut flowers to brighten up the place. I have driven by this place several times over the years, but have never stopped in. So I decided to give it a go. WOW!!!! What an amazing little place. I got there just as the guy was ready to give an edible tour to some folks from Tennessee. I believe they said Manchester, TN. So off we go to explore the gardens.

This guy was the owner. He plucked different plants for sampling. Spicy, sweet, delectable. These gardens went up the side of a hill a bit and up on the hill he had built a really nice tree house with wooden spiral stairs. It really was cute. Of course out of our little group I was the only one who did the climb.

This was a little shop that was there. I did buy a little bunch of lavender, a jar of bosenberry/lavender/pepper jam. Haven't tried it yet, but have plans to do that soon.

He had a really nice koi pond with a statue and loads of plants. It was really nicely done. Liked it alot.

I know this is not lavender. It is a hibiscus tree. I have seen hibiscus before, but this plant stood over 8 feet high. It is near the end of the season, but it was still very beautiful. The guy also had chickens, quail, and some bobwhite. I didn't get photos of those. I'm glad I stopped at this little oasis by the highway. Yes way cool!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
That sounds fun.
It really was. I had so much fun. Of course it was free too, so that is always a good thing. Well except for the couple items I bought. But the garden tour was free. LOL
Love the garden pictures they remind me of our Mama, she just love a garden. Sooooo... pretty!
Post a Comment