Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday Sunrise

I slept in very late this morning. Well late by my usual standards. I came in to the living room and sat in my recliner and looked out the window. Oh my. It was just beautiful. I love sunrises and sunsets when they are just full of color. I was just trying to enjoy the thing when I started thinking about what causes most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. POLLUTION. I still had to grab the camera and get a shot over the top of the garage. It was pretty amazing. The lot next door had all of these really big trees and they usually blocked most of the morning sun. They came in a few weeks ago and chopped everything down. SAD. They left a couple of trees, but I imagine they will come down in the next 100mph storm. Once you start taking down big old firs and cedars, the neighboring root systems don't like it much. Sometimes the limbs break off about half way up. They calls these limbs when they come down....widow makers. So far we haven't had too much winter wind and maybe their few remaining trees will hold up. But it sure was nice to see the really pretty pink sky this morning. Brings tears to the eyes, don't it. LOL
Enjoy your sunrises and sunsets when you get a chance.

Update on "the boot". The darned thing nearly rubbed the side of my shin raw yesterday. I had foam pads, socks, another piece of foam tucked in to try and protect, but my skin was hurtin' for certain. I took everything apart this morning and rearranged the foam thingys and put on a different sock and did a couple of other things and it seems a bit better now. I'll try it for a couple of days and see how it goes. If not good, I'll call the medical supply place and see if they have anything that might help. Ouch!

4 comments:

lisa said...

That is a pretty sunrise. I'm sorry about your foot, how long do you have to wear it?

Mary said...

I'm not sure how long the boot stays on. I go to the doctor on the 28th for more advise on the foot. Ugh!

delorese king said...

remember how much our mother love a good sunrise or a sunset! ever so slowly we are becoming her.

Mary said...

It's scary huh? She did love the sunrise's and sunset's.