Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here's to a New Year

No photo today, because I'll probably post one tomorrow of my walking boot cast. Yes, I have a stress or chip fracture in my right foot. I've been complaining of foot pain since November. I've even tap danced on this wanky foot. However, I got it X-ray'ed yesterday and they told me I have a small fracture. Don't know how I did it or even when. The outside of my right foot feels like it's on fire at times, but at least I can still walk around and get about to do things. I think this thing will be removable so I can drive to the store if I need to. LOL

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve. I worked last night and kind of got the boot. LOL The resort is keeping me, but on a as needed bases. The business has really dropped down in bookings. Economy I'm sure. It's okay with me. I only need 4 more quarters for my social security and should get that within a year or so. I was only working 1 day a week so it's not a big loss. Interesting turn of events to say the least. More tomorrow or the next day.

3 comments:

delorese king said...

I just got off the phone with you and heard about your foot! How shocking, I am sure the boot cast will help alot.

lisa said...

I am sorry about your foot, that doesn't sound good. I just wanted to say thanks for the birthday card, It made my day. That was so sweet of you to think of me.

Francie said...

Oooh! So sorry to hear about the foot fracture. Thankfully, those usually heal quickly and I'll surely be hoping that yours does and that the pain goes away. Crazy about the job situation. I just went back to work two days per week and figure I'll be at it for a long, long, long time.