Friday, January 9, 2009

a lovely surprise

Isn't this plant pretty. There is this lady I tap dance with. She is such an interesting person. Like almost all of the folks I know, but she truly is special. She is 83 years old. She runs a 10K every summer, she tap dances, she participates in the local theater group and does a lot of other things. She has such an interesting background too. Her mother was German, her father was American and they were Jewish. Even though she was born in the US, she was in a concentration camp during WWII. She spent most of her youth in France. She has a very strong French accent. Her kids live in France. She was in the US Navy and retired from the Navy. That is just part of her story. I had been working with her on tap dance steps until I fractured my foot. Well she had this beautiful plant delivered to me today. I just was amazed. When I called to thank her, she said that I had been so supportive and helpful. Awwww shucks. I try to help when and where I can. It's just my nature. I'm glad to help her learn the steps. But this plant is soooooo pretty. I love it. My hats off to Jeannine, who inspires me to stay active and keep doing as long as I can. Even with a fractured foot.

1 comment:

delorese king said...

Mary it is a beautiful plant, Your life at the beach has been so full with all the people that you have applied to your life, keep it up honey