

I bought some black beads sometime before Thanksgiving. I can't remember exactly when. Well anyway, I strung them once and decided the necklace really needed a signature bead. Today I found this square lava rock bead. I really like it. So I demolished the previous necklace and restrung a variety of the beads. It really is nicer in real life than the photo suggests. I think these beads look kind of blue, but they really are black. I have another necklace I made that is kind of fall colors. It is various shades of brown, rust, and tannish colors. It is one of my favorite necklaces. I'll wear this one a couple of times before I pass judgement on it. I've been thinking about doing more bead work, but something a little more complicated. Maybe some wire beading. The thing I really like about this necklace is that I put one of those magnetic clasp on it. That is the best feature. I know this is kind of a plain necklace, but I have a couple of outfits that call for an accent, but not too many colors. I think this is going to fit the bill. Oh yes, the lava rock was sooooo cool, that I spent over $4 for that one bead. Yes it is prettier than it looks on a blog.
3 comments:
I think it is really pretty. It is a classic look that will go with lots of outfits.
Mary it is beautiful! I love it. Did you go to that little bead store in Long Beach? Just so pretty!
Yes the little bead store in Long Beach. It's quaint, but a bit pricey.
Post a Comment