I know it doesn't look that appealing, but it sure tasted good. These are sloppy joe's. Now some of you may know that I just don't handle beans that well. Even with Beano I experience a great deal of flatulance when even one single litlle bean touches my food. However, I did do the Beano because I want to try this new recipe. The mainstay for these "sloppy joes" are brown Jasmine rice, canned pinto beans and bell peppers. Throw in some vegetarian broth, a little chili powder, some BBQ sauce and presto there you have it. Sloppy Joe's. I served mine over a toasted bun, but you could serve it over a baked potato too. I've been doing a fair amount of vegan (no meat, no dairy) eating lately and have lost some weight. I think I'll stick to mostly a plant based diet. I have a low tolerance to dairy and I've not cared for too much meat. So hey I'm going to go with what is working. Got a lot to do, so I'd better start this day.
~National Infantry Museum~
14 years ago
1 comment:
Mary that is such a kool picture, I wish I could get more into the vegan thing. The receipe sounds great too. Love It!
Post a Comment