Without power for a couple of days makes me crazy. I can't believe what an energy vampire I am. I didn't think I watched that much TV, but I do. I didn't think I would miss my computer that much, but I did. I was able to cook 6 meals on the wood stove. All vegan meals. Interesting. I got a little crazed yesterday because I couldn't get the auto garage door open. You are supposed to be able to pull on this lever and use the cord to pull it back. I'm a wimp, I tugged, I pulled, I tried to just lift the door manually. Nope, no way, no how. Discouraged. My neighbor took me up to the local market to pick up some bananas and a couple of other things. Everyone around us north and south had power, but not us here in the Klipsan Beach area. I saw the utility folks working out on the main road yesterday at about 2pm and thought surely we would have power soon. No another night without power. The little wood stove in the little purple house is good, but I started to get disappointed about the slow return to service. Can't wait for the hot water tank to heat up, because I'm going to take me a good refreshing shower. Oh yeah, baby. Well off to make a pot of coffee, but maybe I should have some Zen tea (green tea). No I want coffee. LOL
3 comments:
so if you are typing this on a computer, does that mean you really have power, or did you go somewhere else and use somebody else's? If you do have powerback I am so happy for you! As Americans we are wambulance babies when we have to do without it is true we are energy vampires.
We got power back early this morning. After the hot water tank recupped I was in the shower lickty split. Yeah.
Glad you are up and running with full power. Did you feel the surge:0)
I am getting ready to shut the computer down for the night and try to get some shut eye.
More power to you!! lol
Post a Comment