Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I got a new toy....well it's a TV

Okay, I've been watching a 19" screen TV for about 15 years. So one day I see this advertisement on the internet for a one day only sale at Walmart. Well, I call two Walmart's to see if they will have this advertised item. It seemed like a really good buy. A big ol' 42" LCD flat panel TV with 1080p. I'm thinking it has to be a good picture. Oh my gosh. What it took for me to purchase this was really really funny. The electronics folks at the Walmart in St. Helen's, OR couldn't really tell me how many TV's they would have available when I called. So I'm thinking I just gotta try to secure one of these. I find out that the store opens at 7am, but they won't sell electronics until 8am. St. Helen's, OR is almost all the way to Portland, OR. I leave the house at 5:30am hoping I can get to St. Helen's by 7am. Yep, I did make it. So I go back to the electronics department and they have 4 TV's, one guy is loading his up in a basket and two other ladies have their coats and purses on two of the TV's. I see one more just sitting there so I politely ask if anyone has laid claim to it. Everyone says no. So I place my hand on it and say "it's claimed now". LOL Two youngs ladies come over and help me get it in to the basket. Mind you a 42" TV is bigger than a Walmart shopping cart, but they got it in. One of the girls comes over and says go to Jewelry and you will be the first one to check out. Wink, wink. Man, did I queue up for that quickly. So I was the very first person to get to check out. Yeah! I was out of the store by 8:20am. They sent two folks out to the car to help me load it in the car. I heard that one lady had been waiting at the door at 3:50am to get an Xbox and another lady was there at 4am to get a laptop that was on sell too. I paid $498 for the TV and paid no sales tax. Amazing. It did cost a bit in gas to make the drive, but when I have a trip like that I stock up on other items too. So I was able to pick up a few other items to make the trip worthwhile. I'm so excited. My friends Chris and Bill came down from Sequim, WA and helped unload and set up the TV. Bill is an electrician. They didn't come down for the TV setup, just a visit, but it sure was handy. So now I have this really huge TV in my little tiny house. So everything watched on TV now feels like movie theater quality. So now I'm ready for my next adventure. Don't know what it's going to be, but I'm sure it will be exciting.

3 comments:

lisa said...

That's awesome. I love getting a good deal.

Nancy L Johnson said...

Glad you got your dream TV at a dreamy price :0)
We still have our RCA TV we bought when we moved back from England.

It's a big old thing but still works like a charm!! Even tho' it's a dinosaur, we've held onto it. You think consoles will ever come back in style?!!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

we bought a huge tv a couple of years ago then couldn't find a dang entertainment center for it. we finally found one we liked and we love our big tv!!!:) glad you got your at a rockin' deal!