Thursday, November 19, 2009

I need big rain boots


Okay, it's been rainy and stormy for days on end. It just started raining really hard....again. I wanted to make sure the rain gutters were pouring some of the water off the roof. They tend to get clogged with pine needles periodically. I couldn't get a good photo out the front door, but I did see the water was running. However it is raining so hard that the water is coming over the top of the gutters too. That is just too much water to have the devices handle it all. I need big rain boots. I think I'm trapped in the house most of the day today. That's okay. The wind is howling too. There are supposed to be sustained winds from 35-40mph and gust to 60. Last night I heard a really howling wind and a huge gust and it felt like the whole house shook. I was thinking about getting out of here for a while, but decided to ride it out because I want to go back to Oklahoma in May and June and do some spring travelling. Oh well. We haven't even got to the snow yet. Fortunetly it may snow a day or two then it''s usually gone. Let hope this year will be usual. Yep, I looked again and I need......
REALLY BIG RAIN BOOTS......LOL

4 comments:

delorese king said...

do you mean rain boots for yourself? or is it someing that you can put on your gutters? One thing for sure is looks like and alot of rain.

Mrs. McDaniel said...

it rained here for like a week solid after the first day or two I broke down and bought some rain boots! never again will i have wet feet!!! :)

Mary said...

I need rain boots for me. It's been raining here for over 2 weeks. It looks like it will rain for at least another week.

Nancy L Johnson said...

Here's a little tune for you.

Down came the rain in torrents,
Down came the rain in torrents,
Down came the rain in torrents,

But none in Anaheim!!

Have you developed web feet?!!
That made me think of another song.
Be kind to your web footed friends!!
A duck may be somebody's mother!!
And one final song.
Rain, rain go away. So I can go out to play:0)