Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The vest prototype is done....think I could change a few things

Not a great photo of me and I should have cleaned up the sewing mess before the photo. What? Clean it up, how odd. LOL
The reversible vest for prototype performance wear. I took a photo of the red side, but it just didn't photo very well.
Well it was a good idea when I started, but there are a couple of things I would change. Our tap dance group needs some sort of costume for Christmas, but nothing to elaborate. We usually wear a white blouse, black pants and decorate our shirts with Christmasy things. I put red package bows on my blouse last year. I had this not so bright idea to get some themed material and make a vest. I found both fabrics at JoAnns over in Astoria, OR. Kind of goofy on the blue side. I really like the red side I did on the reverse, but it didn't photograph too well. Both lengths I bought have sparkly in the material, but that didn't show up at all in the photos.
On the red side of the reversible I put pockets in the seams. I love things that have pockets in them. But you really would not need them for a performance. However the red side is the one I like best. I think I just like red.

3 comments:

Nancy L Johnson said...

Ho, Ho, Ho!! Guess you are getting all geared for the holidays.

Your vest looks real nice and it will be versatile for wearing with different outfits.

For now, I am still in fall mode. There are a few trees showing their colors. Our river birch resembles Charlie Brown's Christmas tree :)

It's been another beautiful day here in the Ozarks with lots of sunshine. Temps. have been in the mid 60's.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
delorese king said...

Mary that is darling what is the pattern number I am heading for hobby lobby in the morning to make me one too. Goody