Monday, July 30, 2007

beach driving

Well yesterday was absolutely fabu. The sun was shining, friends were in town for a short visit, dog is doing better. Life is good. We did have to take Little Bit back to the vet. His blood sugar got too low with the 2 insulin injections he had. They changed his type of insulin and he seems to be doing a bit better. It's going to take some getting used to. Dogs can't tell you how they are feeling so you have to look for clues in their behavior. Interesting stuff with an old dog. Of course I think on any given day his behavior can be odd. Different things set him off. He tried to nip at my friend Bill. I felt bad, but Little Bit is quite the protector dog, even when he is not feeling all that good.

I took my friends for a little drive on the beach and oh my gosh it was just soooooo nice. The sun, the sand, the surf, the dune grasses gently blowing. We also saw lots of different kinds of kites. Man o' man. I'm telling you it was so cool. When it's like that at the beach it really lifts your spirits up. Valerie and I went back to the beach after the friends left and took another drive on the beach. Most of the tourist had left so it was pretty nice and quite when I went for the second drive. I actually prefer the quite beach as to the tourist beach. Oh yeah!

No comments: