Monday, July 16, 2007

Painting walls and other stuff


I have been painting for what seems like days now. And it turned out crappy. UGH!!!!! I taped, I cut in the edges, we rollered the big spaces and it looks pretty bad. We don't want to lay down the new laminate flooring until the painting is done. I pulled the tape off the walls this morning and half of the paint on the edges came up with it. Now for the touch ups. The above photo is not my kitchen, but one I found on Creative Commons. We were going for a tan color in the kitchen and this is about what we got. Not sure what happened. I'm not going to paint it again. It's going to have to stay. The ceiling turned out a nice buttery cream color and looks good, but the walls not so good. I have to say that painting is just not my thing. We are going to paint the bathroom, the entry way, and a bedroom, but I think they are going to have to be the nice buttery cream color. Oh well. I don't have the decorating gene either. Maybe we can do better with the next place. Interesting stuff, getting a house ready for sale. So much to do.

No comments: