Thursday, July 26, 2007

the dog got his insulin


Well I gave the dog his second insulin injection. We went to the vet yesterday afternoon and the veterinary assistant gave him the first one. Little Bit didn't like being up on the table in the vets office. He started whining as soon as he realized where he was at. He tried to make a break for it. But we got through it. This morning I gave the shot and if I do say so....I did GREAT! It kind of brought up some painful memories for me. I remembered all of those times when I watched a human give himself shots or I had to do the shots because he was too sick to do it himself. Well that was another time. Move along, move along. Now I'm giving Little Bit shots. I'm hoping that Valerie will get comfortable with it and be able to do it in the future. I'm sure she will be able to do it. Little Bit is only getting 5 units right now. So it is over pretty quick. He didn't seem to mind and didn't yelp or anything. He basically did not move. I'm glad that I'm able to do this for him. Little Bit is still not eating and is still sleeping alot, but it's okay. I think we are just going to make him as comforable as we can. The plan is just to care for him and everything will be good.

No comments: