Saturday, June 28, 2008

Where Do I Begin on This One.........

BubbleShare: Share photos - Play some Online Games.

Yes where do I begin to tell you how this one came about. It's a very interesting story and has provided some interesting details to my day. Let's see....well there is a man who bought 800+ acres on the north end on the Long Beach Peninsula. He is very famous in the world of things... sold a product called NuSkin. Well he is building this fabulous compound...I believe he is going to use it sometimes as a retreat for family and friends. One of our Discovery Coast Audubon members knows him because he attends church (Morman) with her when he is here. Anyway he was going to build a water tower. I think it got a bit out of hand. LOL. It is the really big building that looks almost like a lighthouse. It looks like they are still working on that. He has several other buildings and a couple of boats that have been turned into guest cottages. WOW! Oh yes did I mention I was able to go to the compound and drive around. It's got big elaborate iron gates that you have to have codes for in order to get in. Hmmmm.... Anyway I was told that I could take my Birding Class to the area and do a field trip. I'm so excited about it. While driving in to the compound we spotted a turkey vulture, several deer, and lots of SBB's. Today we saw a heron in flight too. I think it's going to be a good field trip, once I get it organized. This is just another wonderful opportunity that I'm going to be able to take advantage of. This compound has some wonderful tree houses with a bridge that goes over the roadway. It's pretty impressive. We should also be able to go to Hine's Marsh and do some birding too. Recommendation will be to get diggy with the DEET30. It was very mosquitoy this morning, but with the right protection maybe it will be doable. Yes I'm very excited. Very, very, very, excited.

3 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I always knew those Mormon's were weird! haha

This birding thing seems like a great hobby!

Mary said...

He seems like a very interesting man. I haven't met him, but I hear he is a very hard worker and likes to do interesting things.

lisa said...

Yeah one of my friends works for that guy and knows him very well. What an adventure.