
This bird is a Dark Eyed Junco. Cute little bird.
Well you are never going to believe this one. I'm teaching a Birding 101 class. I belong to the Discovery Coast Audubon Society here on the Long Beach Peninsula. I'm not an expert birder, but I'm willing to learn/share/get involved. I'm expanding my knowledge daily. It's good. The class is real casual, kind of laid back, and so far interesting. I've expanded my local knowledge about birds so much just preparing for the class. I've been out to look at what we call SBB's. SBB's are small brown birds that could be sparrows or finches or ???. I'm trying to locate other identifying marks on them to narrow down some of the more interesting ones I've seen lately. I've taken my camera to try and get some photos, but those danged birds just won't pose long enough for me to get a good photo. What the heck, I'll keep trying. So we are going to try and put together a field trip to go "birding". That should be really interesting. It's still somewhat cool here in the Pacific Northwest, but hopefully we will get some time to go out and see the summer birds around here. Hope you get a chance to do that in your neighborhood too. Oh, here is the class.
BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
1 comment:
i think this is quite fitting since grandma always used to watch the birds. She would see a robin or something and always point it out.
Post a Comment