Friday, June 6, 2008

Sychronized Swimming for Slugs

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

You know that slugs are a really big plant chewer. That's so true here in the Pacific Northwest. Well they loved the Rainier Beer I put down yesterday. I've caught three slugs so far. The slug in the photo is about 4" long. They just do the "slimy slug" on over to the beer traps and hang over the side, take a drink, get tipsy and slide on in the little pool. Yeah! I thought this one slug was going to do a half gainer over the side, but he's taking his time sliding in. I'll keep a watch on it for a few days and see how it goes. I'm thinking I'll put in butter tubs with lids on them so I don't have to look at them drowning their sorrows. It's kind of sad for the slug but not for the plants. So there you have it sychronized swimming for slugs.

No comments: