Friday, June 27, 2008

Neighborhood Wildlife

BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare

Summer around here is a good time to see all of the wildlife around here but it can be dangerous. These photos were taken by my neighbor. They are a bit grainy, but doable. She feeds the bears and racoons daily. I fear for her safety because she is right out there with the critters. However I have seen her shoo the bears away by just saying 'get out of here". I have heard that these bears are coming back from feeding at the beach so they are still using their natural habitats. Tomorrow I have the opportunity to go up to the north end of the peninsula on 800+ acres of private property to check out an area to take my beginning bird class for a field trip. The class is going really well. I still can't believe that I'm teaching a birding class. I'm not an expert birder, but I can teach a class given the right materials. I found a wonderful book called called "Finding Your Wings....." by Burton Guttman and I use the Peterson Field Guide for Western birds and it's really really working. I'm learning right along with the class. Yeah! I've been so busy with the pea patch garden, tap dancing, and the birding class. I would like to do a little vaca get away, but it's going to have to wait. I was so hoping the house would be sold by now, but with the economy in the toilet it doesn't look very likely. So the possibilty that I'll have to hunker down here for the new depression seems very real. I'm still hopeful though. Gotta have hope, even in a failing economy.

No comments: