
Sometimes I just feel sooooo spoiled. I have had the opportunities to do some pretty amazing things in my life. So today was just another fabulous opportunity to do something that is just so cool. I heard about a blue heron rookery not far from the house. So I just had to jump in the car to see if I could find it. It was not hard. This photo is not from here but one I snagged from Flickr.com However, the birds I saw today were so plentiful I was afraid that I was going to get crap on my head. There had to be 100's of them. I tried to take pictures, but couldn't get the camera at the right angle and got a bit of a neck ouch from looking straight up into the trees. The nest are really large. The noise from all of the heron was simply like a chorus that is hard to describe. But the sound was beautiful. Just hearing and seeing all of those birds was wonderful. How, oh how, did I get to be such a lucky person. Take time out to go view something amazing, even if you don't feel like you have the time. You won't regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment