Tuesday, January 1, 2008

sun at the beach


Most of the time here in the winter it is dark, rainy, stormy, and cold. Yesterday we had sunshine. Mind you it was cold. The day started out at 31 degrees and eventually warmed up to 42, but with the wind blowing it felt like 31 all day. I really had to wear my sun glasses because there was sunshine. It used to be said that Washington state had the highest per capita purchase of sunglasses. Reason: It is so long between the sun coming out and having a need for sunglasses that most people forget where they put the darn things the last time they had a need for them. Therefore they have to go out and purchase new ones. Yes that could happen at least 15-20 times a year. If you take a million or so folks who do that 15-20 times a year it is a lot of sun glasses. I don't know if it's true or not, but I find that hilarious. Of course I have been wearing my sunglasses that I was given after my cataract surgery and have been wearing them a lot. Even when it's gray outside I still have a need for my sunglasses due to the glare from gray clouds. Oh well at least we had some sunshine yesterday.

2 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

That is funny. When I get a pair of sunglasses that I like I keep them as long as possibly can b/c it's hard to find ones i like.

It's supposed to be really cold here tonight and tomorrow. I hate the cold, but YAY!!! for sunshine.

LaNan said...

I lose my sunglasses all the time! That's why I never spend more than $5-10 on them.