Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Tuba Christmas

I was kind of bummed. I couldn't get any good photos of the tuba players. There were two bass tubas and two euphoniums. I'm always amazed how well these guys can play some very complicated tunes on these things. It was a very lively and upbeat performance. We have a group here called Water Music Festival Society. They put on many good concert performances during the year. The Tuba Christmass is one of these events. They do jazz, opera, swing and other musical events. I've not been to that many of them, but always enjoy the tuba performance. What a delightful way to spend an afternoon.
This guy is a retired stockbroker from LA. He retired to Astoria. He has done the tuba performance that I know about for several years. He is playing one of the two euphoniums. The seating and the way the venue was set up made it hard to get good photos, but he was right in my line of vision as I was peering over a tall persons shoulder. I'm going to a couple of concerts in January too, I think. One is free and one is not. But hey you have support the local talent, right?

1 comment:

delorese king said...

Tubas French Horns and trombones love the way they sound, It also sounds like you had a good time of it yourself!