Friday, September 4, 2009

I love to go exploring

I've been to Cape Disappointment State Park many times, but I went again this morning. I just love this place. I saw Caspian Terns, Brown Pelicans, Juncos, and Sparrows in a very short amount of time. I love this place. This little cove is called Waikiki Beach. There was an old man playing fetch with his dog. I know its not a good idea to take a picture in the direction of the sun, but it just looked so inviting. These big old logs have washed up during winter storms from years past. I love walking around this place. It's very cool.
Doesn't this just capture how beautiful the morning was. Believe it or not, there were probably 50-60 fishing boats just around the corner from this cove, but not close enough to get a good photo. The right side of this photo is where the Columbia River meets the Pacific Ocean.
No this isn't near the ocean. This is a place called Loomis Lake. I think it would be just the perfect place to put in a kayak or a canoe. One of these days I hope to do just that. This road to the lake will be closed for the seaon in a couple of week, so I thought it best to go check it out before the season is over. Yes, just out exploring things I've seen before, but needed to explore again. Very good to go out and explore. I must try to do that more often.

No comments: