Thursday, September 10, 2009

I do not look good in a baseball hat....UGH!!!!!!

Leadbetter State Park. Yep, that is really me under the cap. I do not carry that look off very well at all. But hey I got out there for a really good hike today. The trails out at Leadbetter State Park are really cool. You walk through some forested areas and come out at the ocean. You walk about 1/2 mile and head back in. It's a great hike. Uh, when it isn't mosquito-y. Today was not at all mosquito-y. Yeah.
The ladies hiking group I walk with is really a lot of fun. I feel like one of the young-uns. There was a lot of talk about Medicare, Lifelift, and stuff like that. I won't qualify for Medicare for a couple more years. These ladies seem to know the ins and outs. LOL Couldn't have asked for a better day at the beach. I went in to town a bit ago and the bank said it was 73 degrees. That is practically a heat wave around here. What a glorious day.
These are some of the ladies I walked with. This is just a little trail side break. Everyone was well jacketed or fleeced up, but I walked in shirtsleeves and was perfectly comfortable.
This part of the trail cuts through some pristeen dune grasses. It was just so nice. The group usually has between 8-14 for the hikes. Some are smaller. Today we had 14 sign up for the hike. It was really really great. I would have liked to stayed at the beach for a bit longer, but it was so nice to walk those trails again. It's been a couple of years since I last completed this walk. Yep, tis good to get out and walk. I need to find a better hat though. Got to have one. At my age, the skin doesn't need any additional aging help.

3 comments:

delorese king said...

I love the hiking group, that is just so healthy an exercise. Keep it up! Loved talking to you today. Goody

delorese king said...

Hey I think you look great in the baseball cap doo. Goody

Mrs. McDaniel said...

LOL the lady on the right in the group pic doesn't look too happy! lOL glad you had fun!