Sunday, April 5, 2009

the Seattle trip was productive...

I took a little trip up to Seattle on Thursday and Friday. I had so much fun. However, I did find that I have a serious distaste for driving in all of that big city traffic. When I lived up in that area I really didn't think about it too much, but oh my gosh....now it drives me crazy. I went up to spend time with my friend Chris who lives in Sequim. It was her birthday on Thursday. Her and her husband have a condo in Federal Way. That's south of downtown Seattle. We went shopping, out to lunch, out to dinner, and general running around. I picked up some plants while I was there. The photo above are of some herbs I picked up. We have rosemary, cilantro, dill, chives and a couple of others. I picked up the pots at a place called Winco.
I went to Swansons nursery and garden supply on Friday morning before coming back to the beach. I got these pots at Winco too. I picked up some trailing phlox, some sedums, and some grasses that are suppose to do well in pots. It's really hard to plant in the ground here. Hey it rains and we have massive amounts of slugs. I'm going to put some Sluggo in the pots or something to keep them from chewing everything down to nothing. LOL Hey you gotta do what you gotta do. I had so much fun at Swanson's. It is one of my favorite garden stores in the state of Washington. Yeah. I'm looking forward to going back later in the season.
I think I ended up with some good choices. I placed each of the blue pots on either side of the front door. Kind of dresses the place up just a tad. Once I get the skanky deck replaced everything will look better. Oh yes and once you do that then you find other things you want to do, like paint the house/garage. The purple is going to go. I've had some fun with it, but time to do something a bit more normal. Well purple is normal, right?, but after 5 years I think it's time for some change. I just love spring. Of course, it makes me think of projects, projects, projects. Hopefully you can do something to spruce up for spring.

3 comments:

delorese king said...

Mary I love the herbs and flowers. So pretty.

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I am jealous of the pots I saw a big red one the other day but it was 50 bucks! I left it there since I do not have a green thumb. And I think purple is totally normal! Haha

Mary said...

My pots were cheap. I got the red ones for $5.99 and then blue ones for $8.99 each. I thought that was a good deal. LOL