
Okay, so yesterday I'm searching around on the internet. Duh! I know I spend way too much time searching around on the internet. I found this website
http://www.birdingpal.com/ and so I'm looking around for information on shorebirds. So I look around for what is going on in Washington state. Imagine to my suprise that I found a fairly local festival going on. Oh my gosh. I had so much fun.

I attended two lectures. One was on digiscope photography. I can get an attachment for my spotting scope and hook up my little point and shoot camera and get some pretty cool photos. All of these photos were taken with just the little point and shoot.

After the lectures I took a shorebird tour out to the mud flats. This particular birding trail is called the Sandpiper Trail and is in Hoquiam, WA. It's about 70 miles from the house so I had a long day today. The groups that went out to look at the shorebirds had some pretty expensive equipment. A lot of folks had Swaroski (sp) scopes. Big huge Nikon cameras and all sorts of interesting tools for bird watching. Pretty amazing.

Anyway I took my little Barska spotting scope and my little Canon Point and Shoot camera and had a blast. I saw a good variety of shorebirds. I saw Black-bellied Plovers, Dunlin, and lots of Western sandpiper. All very common birds around here on this coast, but the sheer number of them was simply amazing.

What a deal. I picked up a bi-zillion brochures and generally had a good time talking to folks. After going on the shorebird walk with "an expert" I'm soooooo convinced that my class is really really good. Yeah!!!!!!!! I took these photos in reverse order of the way they are posted here, but you get the idea of the terrain. Guess who forgot to take her jacket and hat? Ummmm. Oh well I still had a great time.
1 comment:
equipment in like the beauty thing, it is in the eye of the beholder. I think your pictures look great it look like you had a great time with all the others on the boardwalk. Happy birding!
Post a Comment