Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the first shorebird class has met....

The birds in the photo are a sanderling and a red knot. Not my photo, but a good one anyway.
We came, we saw, we conquered. LOL It was a small class. The weather was nasty, but we met and got through the first class. It was fabulous. I hope to post pictures soon. I'm so glad I put all of my lessons on PowerPoint. It made it super spectacular. Big screen, projector, all of the ways I love to do a class like this. I sometimes can't believe that I feel comfortable teaching others. I'm not a shorebird expert, but I've put the class together in such a way that we can all learn something from this class. I got lots of praise from the attendees, but that is not why I do it. We live in such a fragile eco-system here on the Pacific Northwest coastline and the migrating shore birds depend on this area as part of the migrations. We do have some shorebirds who stay here all year and then those that come and go. It always amazes me. I'm going to do a sea gull quiz during the 3rd class. I've always lumped gulls in to one category, but I've found out a lot of things about the pesky birds. Here is a good place to look at bird quizzes. This is fun. http://www.birdinfo.com/A_Images_G/gulls_0008.html I've said it before and I'll say it again, you just never know what I'm going to come up with. LOL I'm having soooooooo much fun.

1 comment:

delorese king said...

Teacher! Teacher! I'am going to send you a big red fat apple, I am just so darn proud of you!. Love Goody