Yes it's getting closer and closer. However, I feel really good about being ready. I went to the beach yesterday with some out of town visitors. We parked on the beach and walked around a bit. We walked upon a group of Dunlin who looked like they were nesting in for the night. They let us walk within about 8 feet of them. The lady visitor wanted to see them fly and I asked her not to disturb them in anyway. Can you imagine their little hearts just racing like mad by just having us walk up close to them? I think it is bad to chase after the birds and cause them some additional panic. They have enough of that to deal with daily without creating some extra drama in their lives. I guess I'm going to be one of those little old ladies who wears funny hats, walking on the beach or in the forest trying to spot birds. Who'd of thunk it? Looking for birds and listening to bird sounds is very comforting to me for some reason. I'm still not an expert birder, but I do like trying and want to do as much as I can before failing eyesight overtakes me and I'm not able to do it anymore. Hopefully that is a long way down the road. But you never know. There are a group of visitors coming to the peninsula from Spain in June and would like to go out birding with someone from Audubon. I'm going to try and do it. I guess I'm going to have to pick up my livemocha.com Spanish lessons again. Maybe I can pick up a few words so I don't embarrass myself. LOL I'm sure someone in the group of 8 must speak some English. I'm willing to give it a try though. Funny stuff. You just never know what opportunities might come your way when you least expect it.
~National Infantry Museum~
14 years ago
2 comments:
Mary I swear you are the most amazing person I know, and your my sister! I agree with the bird chasing When my gloria and gilbert goose come to my back yard I do not allow dee to put sophia out in back yard. i just love to set and watch them pick around on the ground. Spainards, Ole!
Hey do you still use your upside down tomato grower, I am thinking about getting one.
Post a Comment