
There was an eagle perched on a treetop, but couldn't zoom in close enough for this. There was also an Osprey nest on one of the trees too.

This little dock belongs to the folks I visited with. They were so nice to let me bring in my camera and two pairs of binoculars.

Some of the very large group of Trumperter Swans.

Since I became the local education chair for Audubon here, I've had this unhealthy (I think) obsession with finding and scoping out local birds. I was at my water exercise class the other morning and this couple tells me they have about 60 swans right out their backdoor. There is a little lake that runs right down the middle of the penisula and there are a few really nice homes along the lake. It is a long skinny lake. The name is Loomis Lake if you are trying to Google. Well I snagged me an invitation to come see the swans. Could not pass that up. Right. My dinky little Canon PowerShot A560 is a really good camera and I just love the features on it. But those danged swans just wouldn't get close enough for my camera to capture the lot. There were about 30 in the immediate area and I really enjoyed watching them swim around. There were a few signets (appeared to be 1 year old little ones) in the mix and most were broken in to groups of pairs. This was one of the better bird sightings I've experienced. These folks have a lovely property. Anyway, I kept trying to take some decent photos. There was an eagle keeping a watchful eye, there were Osprey nest to view, and a multitude of ducks on the lake. Wow. What an afternoon. It's so good to get out and about and see what's in the 'hood.
2 comments:
mary even if you did not get the shots you wanted, the scenes are so beautiful! You can tell they are swans.
Glad you like them. I had such fun watching for a bit. WOW!
Post a Comment