Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shootin' Guns


Well I had the opportunity to go to a shooting range yesterday. Yes I forgot to take my camera. I purchased a new 12 gauge shotgun last fall and had not ever shot it. So I took it out to the old shootin' range and fired off a several rounds. The photo is just some of the casings. Some of the guys wanted the spent shells, so I gave some up. I guess they reload them. I also took a Ruger that belonged to my dad. I love shooting that gun. I'm not a hunter so I'm not sure why I have the guns. Well I know why I have the guns. But I'm not telling. LOL I have thought about the Ruger for quite a while. I probably would leave it to one of my brother in laws or one of my nephews, but I'm not sure if anyone would want it. It's kind of cool. It looks like an old west shooter. My dad really liked that gun. I'm sure he had some interesting stories to tell about the gun, but the only thing I can remember is that I now have the gun. I think it should stay in the family and will be passed on at some point. I guess. Oh well, hopefully I'll remember to take the camera next time I go.

1 comment:

delorese king said...

Leave it to Jeff and write a fictional story about where the gun has been what it has seen and what it has done, to the person in each scenario. Find out the date it was manufactured and start the story line from there. Perhaps in was laying in a window shop in Dodge City KS. and some cowboy saw it after coming in from a cattle drive.