Monday, November 24, 2008

If Palin pardoned the turkey......


I saw this newsclip the other day that showed Palin giving a pardon to a turkey in Alaska. However, there was a turkey meeting the ax right behind Palin. Interesting......... Well at least it was one among many of the Alaska turkeys that won't be pardoned. It was pretty gruesome. Leave it to the politicians to do something out of character and get filmed while doing it. I'm actually working Thanksgiving evening. We are going to have an unusual feast. Around here it will be vegetable soup and the feast part it a nice loaf of homemade bread with Simply Fruit jam. Yeah. I was going to post a photo of a Turkey Vulture but posted these real T-day turkeys instead. We have a lot of Turkey Vultures here on the Long Beach Peninsula. They are actually one of my favorite birds. They are so beautiful in flight. They have a really amazing dihedral wing shape when they fly. But they are uglier than the Thanksgiving turkeys. Believe it or not. Enjoy the day when you sit down with your families and enjoy.

3 comments:

delorese king said...

Are those turkeys wild in Alaska or they shipped ButterBalls, waiting due to freshness? Turkeys in Alaska?

Mary said...

It was at a turkey farm. I suppose they could be Butterballs. Hmmmmmmm!

Francie said...

Just ran across this and haven't fully explored it but the prelims looked good. everydayfoodstorage.net
Have a happy Thanksgiving!


Didn't know if you were still interested in the food storage topic but considering our country is in TRILLON er..Kazillon, bazillon dollar debt I think it could get rough soon.