Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's just driving me mad....bailouts and elections

I have been watching the stock market, the hearings on the bailout, and the election who-haw. It's just driving me mad. I consider myself fairly intelligent and I don't like that most of the news channels are putting so much spin on everything that I really am starting to think that the mainstream news media doesn't believe I'm capable of forming my own opinion. Come on..... I think I will switch my news viewing solely to Jon Stewart and The Daily Show on Comedy Central. I don't like some of the crass humor that he does, but at least it's different. There have been some gems that he has been able to extract that just crack me up. Maybe I should just not listen to so much news.

Other things in my world....my Audubon group made a Wildlife Viewing Project Proposal to our county commissioners. It was pretty good. We came away with some stuff we have to do, but all in all, pretty good. I'm still working on bird stuff. A nice little shorebird presentation. I'm learning so much. Maybe I should devote more time to that and not listen to sooooooooooooo much news. UGH!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I hate listening to the news too~even the weather channel drives me crazy! lol