
I've been meaning to post in recent days, but have just felt totally lazy about it. Unlike this Western Sandpiper. Photo by Vincent Lucas courtesy of Creative Commons. I'm still working on my shorebird class for the spring. I ordered two shorebird books from Amazon.com and they came yesterday. WOW oh WOW! They are really awesome. Amazing photos. Good migration maps. Between the two books, the Powerpoint presentation and the handouts I plan for the class it should be really interesting. I'm doing 5 weeks of class and 3 field trips. Oh yeah! I plan on using information from internet research to bump up my lesson plans. I think I'm going to get excited about it. I love Creative Commons on Flickr for photos. There are some amazing photographers out in the universe. My little Canon Powershot can't quite capture the birds I see, but I don't want to spring for a better camera. If anything I'll spring for a new pair of binoculars. I imagine I'll have quite a turnout for the class. It's great to be a beginning birder. You have the opportunity to maintain a great deal of enthusiasm when you are learning something new that you are interested in. Well I guess I need to get it together and make this class more awesome than the last one. I'm learning so much about the Great Pacific Flyway and the birds that live here and pass through here during migratory seasons. I'm already thinking about my next classes. Who knows what might come to me during my thinking periods. LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment