Monday, May 5, 2008

Sleepless Nights and Mom


I had a very sleepless night last night. I woke up at about 5am this morning. Strange thing is I thought about my little mother and how she use to have these very strange sleep patterns. Somehow it brought up memories of getting up and seeing her awake when I was a child. We used to talk a little then she would send me back to bed. I wouldn't always get back to sleep, but lay in bed and ponder all of the things she told me. I haven't thought of these things in many many years. She usually had a to do list for me. Take care of your sisters, clean the kitchen, help me do laundry, or things like that. With Mother's Day coming up, I guess it brought up some memories. This photo was taken on Thanksgiving Day 2006. It was just about 7 or so days later that she passed away. I feel very fortunate that I got to spend 10 days with her in November 2006. It was amazing now that I look back on it. My mom and I had a lot of years of strained relations, but we also had some good memories. I now realize what a very tough life she had trying to raise her 5 daughters. Here's to Mom.

3 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I love this post! I need to get a copy of this picture! Thanks for sharing!

LaNan said...

What a great post...got me all teary eyed. I remember those strange sleep patterns when she lived with us. :) She was quite a lady. I miss her. Thanks for posting this.

lisa said...

I was thinking about grandma last night as well. I know she is in a better place but we all miss her.