BubbleShare: Share photos - Powered by BubbleShare
Oh I'm here to tell you. I feel like a farmer now. Organic garden beds only. Here are a couple of photos of the soon to be garden. The opportunity came up to join a community pea patch. Which will be known as the Market Pea Patch in the future. I was told that the spot would be 8 X 12feet and would require 2 yards of top soil to fill it. Well I ordered 2 yards of top soil and they dropped it off outside the garden. It turns out the garden is about 7 X 20+ feet. It needed 3 yards of top soil. So we began to haul 2 yards of dirt from one end of the pea patch to the other. Man oh man. What a job. Well after hauling 2 yards of dirt in a little wagon I was mighty sore. I'll post more photos in the future, but this is it for now. Not the most flattering photos, but hey what can you expect from a farmer. Well we wanted to get back over to the pea patch and plant some potatoes and move some straw around, but it's been.................. yes you guessed it. It is the Pacfic Northwest after all. Rain, rain, and more rain, it hasn't let up yet today. So hopefully the potato bags will get planted in the next day or so. The blue tube is a potato tube. We laid down cardboard on the bottom of the beds because we have been told it is the perfect thing for worms to chew on and keeps weeds down. We'll see. Only time tells with a garden. Oh I guess you might wonder what we planted. Let's see.... Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Yellow Onions, Shallots, Garlic, Snap peas, Dill, Cilantro, Chamomille, Thyme, Lemon Balm, and Greenbeans. Potatoes to be planted soon. A few little Marigolds and some Lavender. There are some things that we know don't grow well here so we have stayed away from those for now. So there won't be any summer things like watermelon, tomatoes, or cantaloupe. Here's to organic farmers and all of the hard work they do to get food on our tables.
~National Infantry Museum~
14 years ago
1 comment:
WOW! What a job! I wanted to start a gardent this year but Tyson's been busy moving the fence back to the edge of our property line. Maybe next year! Let me know how it goes.
Post a Comment