Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fort Columbia Wildflower Hike

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

I went on a wildflower hike with my friend Leah. The hike was dubbed as moderately strenuous. Hmmmmm! I'll have to think about that. We started at an elevation of 150 feet above sea level and went up to about 725 feet. Doesn't sound like much, does it? Well parts of the climb were relatively easy, but we had a few good pitches to slog through. I kind of wish the hike had been paced a bit slower because I didn't get enough photos of the wildflowers. It was a guided hike and the person who led the hike was very knowledgable. There were parts of the hike where we had to climb around downed trees. I didn't get photos of that either. It was a pretty amazing hike. Anyway I think these photos are a somewhat good representation of the hike. By the way I carried a Sassafras walking stick and was glad to have had it. It helped on really steep pitches and getting over downed logs. Enjoy.

No comments: