Sunday, March 2, 2008

Tired of Cleaning - seems like all of the time


When you have your house for sale you are constantly cleaning. I think I've had enough cleaning in 4 months to last me a lifetime. Now mind you I really don't care that much for cleaning, but I like things tidy. So here is my measure. If I can leave a message in the dust on the TV screen, it must be time to dust. If I can leave a trail of pine needles in the carpet, it must be time to vacuum. If the dishes are stacked precariously it must be time to wash dishes. Well actually one of my pet peeves, I don't like dirty dishes in the kitchen sink. I don't have a dishwashing machine so it's hand washing. If the laundry is falling out of the basket it must be time to do laundry. Now my nieces who have children are probably thinking "I have to do laundry most every day." Well one of these days it will be a bit less. So the point is....well there is no point I just wanted to gripe about cleaning. We have another showing today. We have one scheduled for tomorrow. Since we changed real estate agents we have had 8 folks look at the house. I think that is good in the hard economic times.

When you get ready to do some cleaning....just enjoy it because you are in a position to physically do it. Some folks are not in such good shape to do chores easily.

2 comments:

Francie said...

That was pretty funny. I'm thinking about mopping my floors today. The opertive word....thinking! Hope the house sells soon. I'm sure it will by summer for sure.

Mrs. McDaniel said...

ha laundry is a dirty word at my house! I have laundry in some sort of unfinished all across the house right now! I am spending the week getting rid of some clothes though so maybe it will lighten up!

HOpe the house selling goes good!