Friday, March 7, 2008

Canada Oh Canada!


Oh the weather was absolutely beautiful. Went up to Vancouver, BC. The drive up was spectacular. The tulip fields were not in bloom yet up by MT. Vernon, WA, but there were swans and Canadian Geese in the fields. The hotel in downtown Vancouver was nice, but I think the beds for made for Japanese tourist. There were rock hard. I've never seen anything quite like it. The border crossing was uneventful. The last time I went to Canada it was without passport and I didn't think they were going to let us back in to the US. This was pre 9/11. I had a government issue ID, but they didn't recognize it. US border patrol is not a good job. They were pulling over a lot of cars coming back in to the US this time, but I no longer fit a profile of any kind. Just a retired old white lady. Smile. It was a good short mini vaca. I think I'm going up to Seattle for my birthday and hope to spend some time with friends. Still in the planning stages. Life is good.

No comments: