
Okay, I did this amazing little hike today. 8/5/2010. The trail length is listed as 6.5 miles, but I think we walked closer to 7, hiked to the beach and then hiked back plus some additional moving around. It's been a while since I've done anything this long, but I just found it simply amazing. Oh did I say that already? Yep, it was amazing. We have this lovely lady who has a house here on the peninsula and she leads a really good hike once a month. She has led this one before but I've not been able to do it in times past. Did it today though, and I'm so glad I did.

The terrain along the trail is varied. We walked through forest, grassland meadows, dune grasses, and open fields. I took 64 photos in all, but you know how you take so many photos and only a few of the actually turn out. Well almost all of mine looked pretty good and gave a sense of what the hike was like. But I'm not going to post them all today.

What? You can't tell what that is. His name is "Sluggo". Yes, that is one of our famous Pacific Northwest slugs. We saw many on the trail. This one was at one of the overlooks. Since it was a bit misty and foggy, the slug looked more interesting then any possible scenery.

The trail crossed over ponds, creeks....oer' hill and dale. This was part of the group taking a little pause. We saw quite a few birds in this area.

Ahhhhhh! The ocean. It was such a beautiful hike and you get to come out in a spectacular place like this. We saw lots of Brown Pelican and Caspian Terns out on the beach. Then we hoofed it back to the parking area to catch a shuttle back to Fort Clasop. Fort Clasop is the place where Lewis and Clark spent the winter before heading back east. The area is really amazing.

My trekking poles and my pack. I just love my new trekking poles. They give me good stability. The pack actually has stuff in it so I could live in the wilderness for a few days and have shelter, keep warm, and be comfortable and attend to any minor wounds. However, this was not the wilderness and I didn't have a need for that stuff, but it's best to pack it along than not have what you need.

I was sweaty but happy after the hike. A bit dirty but happy. I was so glad I made the time and effort for this very excellent hike. Would I do it again? You betcha.
1 comment:
i like the very end picture looks like you had a blast!
Post a Comment