Thursday, March 25, 2010

Victoria, BC Canada

My friend Chris and I went to Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island yesterday. Oh my gosh, it was such a beautiful day. There were a lot of trees and plants in full bloom. It is a bit early in the season, so it was a bit light on blooming flowers, but they were enough to make it exciting.

We went to Chinatown and there were a couple of produce stands and I was just amazed at how big the star fruit was. That is the one on the left. I can't remember what the one on the right is, so if someone knows, pass it along. All of the produce was sooooo beautiful. You can't bring it back across the Strait with you, but I still like to look.
When you come in to the Port of Victoria this is one of the first things you see. It's beautiful. My sister Goody and I have actually done high tea there. It was fabulous. You get all dressed up and it is sooooo much fun. This place does high tea, right.
The harbor was actually kind of quite, but I thought this photo caught how pretty the day was. We walked all over downtown Victoria. We walked for about 3 1/2 hours before we took a break. We went to a couple of galleries and a place called Bay Center. It is basically a shopping mall. I just like to see all of the different things they have. I didn't buy much, but had a fun time watching Chris spend her $$$$$$. LOL
We found a little side alley in Chinatown and when we came out of the alley we were right at the entrance to Chinatown. I'm talking this alley was so narrow it was hard for two folks to walk down it. I was laughing so hard. I've never seen this little side place before and I've been to Victoria a few times. So it was interesting to find something new.
This is Chris. We played this dice game called Farkle on the boat over and back. She was kicking my bootie going over, but I did some serious winning on the way back. We had a really great day. Definetly have to put that on my list to do again.

4 comments:

delorese king said...

Oh! Mary the pictures are just beautiful! One of these days we are going back to the emporess to do High Tea again. Thanks for the memories

Nancy L Johnson said...

Neat photos of your trip to Victoria. Looks like you and Chris had a great time in Canada.

I remember when you and I and the girls went over on the ferry. It is a very interesting city and has such a British "flair" about it!!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

Looks like a fun trip! Blogging isn't dead, I think everyone is just busy! LOL I'm trying to be better about updating mine!

Nancy L Johnson said...

Your pics of Victoria are nice ones. I tried to post earlier, about a month ago but don't think my comment made it through.
Looking forward to seeing you in OKC.
Lots of fun on the horizon!!