Monday, February 8, 2010

Now that I've been retired a while......


I've had this fantasy for a few years now. Retired, lazy, sitting out on the deck, drinking a warm beverage.....and being lazy. Oh I already said that. I just looked at my calendar for the month of February and I don't know how I got so many items on it. None of them include sitting out on the deck drinking a warm beverage. Am I going to have to schedule that? Sounds crazy. I'm doing a presentation at Audubon meeting tonight on the use and care of bird feeders. Lovely little Powerpoint presentation I put together. I'm across the river all day tomorrow. I'm getting where I want to put all of my appointments on the same day. So first up medical doctors appointment, then an eye appointment, then getting the front-end aligned on the car, then some shopping. On Wednesday I have to go help load up our portable dance floor for our performance at the assisted living center on Wednesday afternoon. I still don't see anything lazy or sitting on a deck yet. LOL Oh well, I have this new philosophy because I've had some past bad behaviors. I shouldn't even be alive. So everyday is a blessing. When I wake up and my feet hit the floor and I'm able to stand up and take a deep breath, it's all good. You know that saying about everyone putting their problems on a table and if you looked at everyone else's problems you would take your own back. I think that is so true. I have a neighbor who has a sick wife and doesn't have enough medical care to help her. I know so many folks who are struggling to make ends meet. I have a roof over my head, enough food to eat, a good vehicle to drive, and so far I'm able to get up and enjoy everyday. Life should be enjoyed and even though I think I'm terribly busy, I'm enjoying life. I mean to the fullest and in fairly good health. I might be a tad overweight (but I have lost 30 pounds this past year), I'm not the prettiest bulb on the tree, and I don't have tons of money, but I'm really really happy with whatever problems I think I have. So remember everyday you can get up and do something, it's a good day.

4 comments:

Nancy L Johnson said...

Every day is truly a blessing. Sounds like you are busy with birding and tapping.

We have more snow in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Old Man Winter has a grip on the Ozarks.

Unknown said...

Good point. We have to see the good in our present situations.

Laura said...

Very true. We had an eye opening experience at church last Wednesday night about a family that's really struggling financially. It really put things in perspective for me. Even though we're looking at a $1,000 car repair, at least we have a car that's paid for.

delorese king said...

So true! has your blog been invaded? What is that rant about Anonymous, and the Viagra deals? This is why I hate the Internet! After my facebook deal it makes me even more afraid of it. But I did love the post. No truer words about being retired!