
Yep, tomorrow is cataract surgery day. I've had the right eye cataract removed and now is time for the left eye. My glaucoma is doing good. I've been able to keep the pressure in the eye down fairly well for the last couple of years. That's a good thing. I think the pressure in the right eye was 15 and the left was 13 at last checkup. Those are good numbers for me. I'll be doing steroid drops after surgery because I'm prone to iritis. Very good descriptive on searches on the internet. Mine is from a sympton called sarcoidosis. It was discovered on a eye examine trip to the University of Washington. They sent me for a chest x-ray. Blew me away because what could the chest have to do with the eyeballs. Well turns out.... something. I love my eye surgeon. He is really good and I'm hoping I'll feel the same after this procedure. You know when they are messing around with your eyeballs there are any number of things that can go wrong. Hey I thought I would be blind or near blind by this point in my life so if I can get some more good years out that would be good. I've been wearing corrective lenses since I was 9 years old, probably should have had them very early on, but $$$ was a bit of an issue. I probably won't be on the computer for 2-3 days. White backgrounds give me excruciating eye pain immediately following the surgery. But if all goes well I'll be back with a vengence and catch up on everything.
5 comments:
Good luck! I hope all goes smoothly.
Praying that all goes well.
praying that all is well today for you.
Hope the surgery went well and hope the cataract removal helps you have better vision.
Hope you feel better in no time
Post a Comment