
I've been wondering if I need to think about a business plan. I've had numerous request here lately to teach more birding classes and to do guided birding tours. I can tailor these to be short classes or multiple day classes. I can take folks out for a few hours or an all day excursion. I guess if I'm going to do it I need to put a plan in place and decide how much time, effort, and expense to put towards this. It's actually a hard decision. It's really been on my mind lately. I'm in one of the best places on the planet to do something like this. I've been looking at professional guides on the internet and some are very elaborate and some are very simple. Do you know, we have 3 state parks here on the peninsula? Cape Disappointment State Park, Leadbetter State Park, and Pacific Pines State Park. The peninsula is only 27 miles long and the widest spot is about 3 miles wide. The narrowest part is about 1-1 1/2 miles wide. Yet we still have 3 state parks. Simply amazing when you think about it. There is another state park less than 10 miles from the south end of the peninsula. So you have access to 4 state parks in a very short time. A lot of stuff centers around the Lewis and Clark Expedition, but there are some really great places to hike, go birding, bicycle trails, and just standing or sitting to watch a sunrise or a sunset. Boy lots of stuff to think about. I kind of think I should really do something with all of these requests. Maybe? Maybe not?
2 comments:
Mary, GO FOR IT! While you are at it put in a request for a Small Business Loan. I bet you could get one for about $50.000. That way you could set up a Front window and pay for all the equipment that you will need to run your business. The money would allow you to get real professional looking fast. You could retail inventory like spotting scopes and books and other things pertaining to your business,Bird seed, feeders and houses,possibably start a catalog service too. Love Goody
I would need a business plan to do all of that. Still thinking.
Post a Comment