Tuesday, June 9, 2009

getting ready for Oklahoma


I'm going to Oklahoma for a week. I was hoping that I could have a more exciting vacation, you know somewhere exotic. But my funds won't allow for it right now. I can't wait to see family members and have a nice visit with them. I wish all of the family could be there, but I don't think that is going to happen. But to be able to hook up with some of them will be nice. My sister told me it's been a couple of years since I've been back. I can't actually remember. I've had a love/hate relationship with Oklahoma for years. Sometimes I feel like it's the last place I want to be, but then other times I really miss my family. I really only talk to one of my sisters on a regular basis, but that's okay. My other sisters have such big families, lots of children, grandchildren, and lots of associated activities to go with all of that. I guess because I've never had children I can't relate to everything. I loved spending time with my nieces and nephews when they were little, but as they grew older and stared getting their own lives they all went different directions and I've kind of lost touch with who they were/are. I keep up by looking at/reading the various blog posts. They are kind of like Aunt Mary in that they don't post often, but when they do I'm so happy to read about all of the comings and goings. I used to ask my mother what was going on with the family, but she always told me she didn't know much. I think she was trying to keep stuff from me. I'm not sure why. But I still feel really out of touch since she passed away. Well, I'm still looking forward to seeing me some family. Big cousins reunion on the 20th.

3 comments:

delorese king said...

Mary do not take this down it so coming from the heart. Leave it please. D

Mary said...

Okay I'll leave it. I thought it might sound a bit whiney. LOL

Mrs. McDaniel said...

hehe i think it sounds ok! When are you coming to OK? I haven't decided when we are coming up yet~