Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow at the beach again

We do get snow at the beach from time to time. This photo was taken about a year ago. It's the front yard looking toward the west. Which is the direction of the beach. I tried to take some photos this morning, but it was tooooo cold and toooo dark to get anything good. It's always interesting here at the beach when it snows. There is a peaceful-ness that comes over the "hood" and things seem kind of surreal. I love the feeling. A nice warm fire in the wood stove, wood and kindling laid in. It's going to get really cold this evening. Down around 18 or so. We'll just have to wait and see. I have some books from the library, I have access to the internet. I can't think of anything I need to make it through the next few days. I won't be out driving in this stuff. We don't have things like sanding trucks or road trucks that do de-icing. Most folks just stay off the roads until it starts melting. The snow that is falling right now are coming down in big fluffy flakes. We won't get enough to make snow angels and snow people, but are expected to get 1-3 inches. Enjoy the weather no matter what the conditions are.

3 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

it snowed here on wednesday night~the kids loved it! it didn't stay around long though b/c the next day was pretty warm.

Laura said...

Lucky you!! We keep wishing for snow, but it usually snows after Christmas if it does at all.

delorese king said...

It,funny the conceptions we make up in our minds. When we say the word beach, or beach house we think of warmth, not cold. I have this picture you posted today, I thought is was so pretty I put in a file and saved it. My fire place is fake, ceramic log and all. I have been at your house when we started a fire in the wood burning stove. I love it!