
Yes that is me with bows on my blouse. LOL Our little tap dance group performed at Golden Sands Assisted Living Center that is just a couple of blocks from the house. We have only done one performance a year here in the last couple of years. The folks at Golden Sands so look forward to having us come. I think this is getting to be an annual Christmas performance. We are just goofy as all get out, but we put on our smiles and dance our little hearts out for these folks. Of course they have asked us to come back again next year. We don't usually talk about costumes too much in our little group and this year we decided black pants, a white top, and decorate with Christmas-y things. It really looked nice. I think everyone in the group felt comfortable with the look this year. I personally think it worked really well. Everyone had a little different flare to their outfits. We are the Undecided Tappers and this costume event certainly followed our name, because some folks were "undecided" until we met at the house to caravan over to the center. Some of us were "decided". I kind of came up with my blouse and bows thing over the course of a few days. I think it looked Christmas-y.
The bottom photo is the group. We struck a funny pose for this photo. Our oldest tapper is 84 and our next oldest tapper is 75. The rest of us are in our 50's and 60's. It is a really great group of women. I'm so lucky to have hooked up with this wonderful group. We dance mostly for exercise and to socialize, but what a truly amazing group of women. The stories, the history, the lifes of all of these fabulous women are so wonderful. Try to appreciate all of the wonderful things in your life during the holiday season.
3 comments:
I love it! What an awesome group. I have been looking around for diffenet things to do. I saw our Aunt Marilyn a while back and she was going to a tap dance group out in Yukon, she told me I should consider coming. I have two pair of tap shoes myself. I think that I will do something like this later, just not right now. I think you outfit is perfect! I love the big red bows!. Great Job!
How fun!
Okay I know I have already commented on this once but I went in and looked at it again after talking to you. I have made the decision the older you get the more you look like Aunt Nell. I swear!
Post a Comment