
Can you believe it? I forgot to take pictures of the before the deck was stained and after the deck was stained. I did find these photos on Flickr that kind of represents what we did. I looked outside late yesterday afternoon and lo and behold I found a huge strip of (not stained)deck that I missed. I was heartbroken. Valerie did the inside rails and the top deck railing. I did the outisde rails and the floor of the deck. We worked so hard on staining the deck and I missed a piece. I'll get it done, but I don't know how it's going to look. We chose a really nice mahogany color stain for the deck and it looks somewhat better than the old washed out gray that the deck had become after we stripped all of the old stain off. I really do mean I don't want to see the business end of a paint brush for a really long time. But odds are I'll find myself doing more projects like it down the road. Sometimes I find it strange that I've been accomplishing some of the things I've taken on. I've don't ever think of myself as handy, but I guess I can be when needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment