
The official end of summer around here ends with a supersize car show. I heard they had 1200 cars or so. I drove down to the end of my street yesterday afternoon and there were probably about 100 folks lined up on the sides of the road watching old cars and hot rods drive up and down the peninsula. It's pretty amazing. Well I decided to get out of here and went across the river (Columbia) to Astoria and spent the night. Good thing too. It got really loud and noisy around here until well after midnight. Too many folks and too much noise for me. I know this activity brings a lot of tourist dollars to the area, but the crowds are a bit unruly. They bring law enforcement in from multiple counties just to keep tabs on bad happenings. We saw about 4 highway patrol cars driving on to the peninsula as we were driving out. We saw a couple of local police cars and a couple sheriff cars too. That wasn't counting what was already here. I believe support comes in from 7 or 8 counties. The weather was really nice here. It almost got up to 80 today and in the mid 70's yesterday. Lot's of sunshine and no moisture, mist, or rain. That's a good thing here. It was a bit breezy during the afternoon, but that was probably good for folks looking to fly kites.
Well now that things are settling down, we'll get back to preparing the house for sale. It's hard to say what is going to happen since the market seems a bit shaky right now. No telling how long it will be before the house actually sells. Here's hoping.
No comments:
Post a Comment