We had to put Little Bit down last Tuesday. I have been trying to write about it for several days and it has been hard. Who knew I could miss that dog so much. I thought that if I put some photos on my blog and talked about it a little, it might help some.
The dog had such a checkered past. We got the dog 3 years ago from a guy who used to be a barber in Ocean Park. He had Little Bit for about 5-7 years. He got Little Bit from someone else who had Little Bit for about 5-7 years. The truth about his age has been a bit of a mystery. I used to tell folks he was somewhere between 13 and 17 years old.
We took Little Bit to the vet about 4 weeks back. He had been drinking lots and lots of water and was not eating very much and he usually liked to eat. I thought maybe diabetes. He was diagnosed with diabetes. We also had him x-rayed to make sure nothing else was going on, along with some blood work. His white blood cell count was really high. He started having anxiety attacks and wanting to hide under or behind everything. That to me meant he really was not doing well at all. After lots of test and lots of money, we made the decision to not put him through anymore stuff. The vet said that a weekly visit would tell them if his insulin needed to be adjusted and they wanted to test the white cell count each week. Little Bit was having a really hard time with it all. He was not getting better. This was a very hard decision, but I feel the right thing to do for the dog. I really do miss our dog. I keep looking for him in his usual places and think "oh, I need to take Little Bit to the beach..." It will take some time. With all of this stuff going on it has been hard to post to the blog.
Been busy painting. Painted the kitchen, bathroom, entry, and both bedrooms. Now its steam cleaning the carpets in the house. I think I'm working too hard. LOL
Well here are some pictures of Little Bit.
~National Infantry Museum~
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment